Safari Ltd’s Safariology Life Cycles Collection allows children to explore miraculous and awe-inspiring transformations in close detail. This life cycle of a chicken can be admired, displayed, squeezed, touched, and played with. This toy is made with Safari Ltd’s industry-leading standards, each replica in the Life Cycle Collection has been individually hand painted and features solid construction from quality, safe, phthalate-free and lead-free materials. This set includes eggs, hatchling, chick, mature chicken, and educational information in 3 languages.
The domesticated chicken has a storied history going back well over 5,000 years to when it roamed free in the jungles of southeast Asia. From there it has spread to farms and backyards all over the world. Chickens weren’t originally domesticated for their eggs and meat, but for their fighting ability. By 1000 BC, domesticated chickens had spread from Asia to Egypt. By 800 BC, they’d reached around the Mediterranean Sea, filling the bellies of the Romans. Fast forward to 1990, when the chicken, once just another jungle bird, surpassed beef as the most popular meat in the United States. The chicken has crossed many, many roads.
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Safari Ltd feeds children’s passion for nature with our vibrantly painted, action packed figures.
- Size: 7.61″ W 8.97″ H x ( 19.5 cm x 23 cm )
- Warning: Choking Hazard – small Parts – Not for children under 3 years of age.
- All Products Meet and Exceed All Worldwide Standards
- Artfully Crafted and Handpainted