Join us as we travel by motor coach to Greenwich Village to experience amazing cuisine on a food tour on Tuesday, April 30, 2019. This bus tour includes transportation, driver and local guide gratuities, food on food tour (all taxes and gratuities), cultural walking tour, water & prizes on the motor coach.
Tour the charming tree-lined streets of the historic West Village. Visit classic “mom and pop” specialty food shops and neighborhood restaurants – some in business for over 50 years! Discover the history, culture, and entertainment offerings that make Greenwich Village so unique and so different from the rest of New York City. Most importantly, discover the secrets to having the ultimate food and cultural experience off the beaten path! We will reveal unique and lovely gardens, the narrowest house in NYC, pristine homes from the 1850’s, tucked away boot scrapers that Village-folk used in the 1800’s (and still today), and the explanation of why the Grid System does not exist in this section of Greenwich Village.
Delicious food specialties served will be:
- Murray’s Cheese Shop – the best cheese shop in NYC (Est. 1940) – cow, sheep and goat cheese
- Faicco’s Italian Specialties – Family owned with handmade Italian delicacies (Est. 1900) – Sicilian rice ball
- Milk & Cookies – An authentic 1950’s style bakery (Est. 2005) – chocolate chip cookie
- Rocco’s Pasticceria – A southern Italian pastry shop (Est. 1972)– fresh filled cannoli
- Joe’s Pizza – A classic NY style pizzeria (Est. 1974) – classic New York pizza
- Pesca Pasta –a casual Italian Restaurant – meatball and sauce (seated tasting)
- Rafele Ristorante – rustic Italian specialties–Eggplant Rollatini (seated)
COST: $169.00 (non-refundable and payable, in full, when registering)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 4/16/2019 (dependent upon availability)
- Depart State College 5AM
- Depart Country Farm & Home 6:30AM
- Depart Lewisburg Wal-Mart 6:45AM
- Breakfast stop en route (on own)
- food and cultural tour followed by free time on own to visit the many shops
- Depart Greenwich Village at 7 pm with rest stop only (no dinner stop) en route to home
- Return 11 PM Lewisburg, 11:30 PM Mifflinburg, 12:45 AM State College
- All times are approximate.
Register here on-line or Call reservations in to: Country Farm & Home at 570-966-4030